Happy Halloween! While kids run around trick-or-treating, the rest of us either have to work or have time to kick back and relax with some candy. If you’re one of the former… sorry. Maybe you can still have candy?
However, if you’re relaxing with no real plans, you’re not into trick-or-treating, or you have no interest in nightmares for the next week (like me), I have a short list of slightly-less scary movies and video games I’m recommending. (Before you get started, pick up a bag of your favorite candy.)
1. 1931 Frankenstein (if you have it.)
2. 1991/1993 The Addams Family (okay, corny!)
3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (I’ve never watched it. This was a recommendation from a friend.)
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas
5. Coraline (creeped me out enough to get put on the list.)
6. The Watcher in the Woods (another recommendation from a friend.)
1. Batman: Arkham Asylum or City (I’m playing Asylum.)
2. Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall (It’s more creepy than scary. I found it creepy, anyways.)
3. Gone Home (I’ve heard this one is pretty good – maybe a little creepy?)
4. Or you could just play LEGO Harry Potter or Batman.
If you’re looking for TV shows, I recommend Buffy the Vampire Slayer or maybe Merlin. Vampires or wizards… take your pick.
I’m not actually a huge fan of Halloween. It’s too creepy and gruesome for me. My favorite thing is still the clearance candy at Walmart during the first week of November.
Oh, and be sure to watch/play these in the dark. That’s the best part.